Donor Advised Funds
What is a donor advised fund?
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAF’s are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
How does it work?
Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program. Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free). Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice.
If I have a DAF, how do I use it to support Memorial Sloan Kettering?
If your DAF is with Fidelity Charitable, Greater Kansas City CF, or Schwab Charitable Trust, you can start your donation as follows:
- Select the public charity that sponsors your DAF from the DAF Direct dropdown menu.
- In the “Designation” field enter Memorial Sloan Kettering.
- Enter the amount (in USD) you would like to recommend in the “Amount” field.
- Click the “Next” button to proceed to the sponsoring organization’s website to complete your DAF transaction.
- Once the sponsoring organization approves the recommended disbursement, the grant is made to the qualified charitable organization (i.e., Memorial Sloan Kettering).
Please note: If your DAF is with a different entity, you may process your donation through their usual method — just be sure to designate to Memorial Sloan Kettering.
Whom should I contact with questions?
If you have questions about making a gift to Memorial Sloan Kettering through a DAF, please contact us.